A dog beach is a place where you can take your dog to play in the water, meet other dogs and people, or just hang out. They are great for getting exercise, socializing with others who love their pets as much as you do, and making new friends! Delaware has some very popular beaches that are perfect for this activity. We’ve compiled a list of these dog friendly beaches below.
|id||Help Us Out!||Mash the Button||Image||Category||Dog Beach Name||User Summary||City||State||Zip Code||plus_code||Website||Phone Number||latitude||longitude||latlong||exclude||Google Map Link||Other Beaches in the Area||street_address||Rating||Reviews||Monday Hours||Tuesday Hours||Wednesday Hours||Thursday Hours||Friday Hours||Saturday Hours||Sunday Hours||Additional Information||Details|
|75||We always strive to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. Please get in touch via the button below if you can complete or update any of the info on this page. Thanks!||State park||Fenwick Island State Park||Fenwick Island||DE||19944||FWCX+PV Fenwick Island, Delaware||https://destateparks.com||(302) 227-2800||38.47||-75.05||38.4718053-75.0503637||DE-1||4.7||1,670||8AM–7PM||8AM–7PM||8AM–7PM||8AM–7PM||8AM–7PM||8AM–7PM||8AM–7PM|
|76||We always strive to make sure our data is 100% complete but sometimes we need help. Please get in touch via the button below if you can complete or update any of the info on this page. Thanks!||Beach||Cape Henlopen State Park Public Beach||Lewes||DE||19958||https://destateparks.com||(302) 645-8983||38.78||-75.13||38.7814178-75.1277126||15009 Cape Henlopen Dr||4.7||292|
|Dog Beach Name||City||Zip Code|
Help Us Out!:
Dog Beach Name:
Google Map Link:
Other Beaches in the Area:
Dog Beach Etiquette
When you visit a dog beach, it’s important to know and follow the rules. Dog beaches are different than regular beaches – there are usually no lifeguards, and dogs are usually allowed to roam off-leash. This can be a great experience for both you and your pet, but it’s important to be aware of the potential dangers and take the proper steps to ensure a safe and fun day at the beach.
- Keep an eye on your dog at all times. If they leave the dog beach area, recall them immediately and use their leash if necessary.
- Dogs should be vaccinated before visiting dog beaches or dog parks.
- Always clean up after your dog. Not only is it the polite thing to do, but it’s also the law in some areas.
- If your dog is playing with another dog and one of the dogs appears nervous, agitated, or is acting aggressive, separate them as quickly as you safely can.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks for both you and your dog. The dog may be able to swim for hours, but they can still become dehydrated and fatigued just like we do!
- Don’t let your dog chase other dogs or wildlife and leave as soon as possible if this occurs
- Most dog beaches have off-leash hours. Outside of these hours dogs may be allowed on the beach, but must be kept on-leash. Always refer to the rules posted at the entrance to the dog beach.